What's in it for BSW?

Darin McBride pmmail@rpglink.com
Wed, 20 Oct 1999 23:12:25 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 20 Oct 1999 08:21:32 -0700, Steve Lamb wrote:

>> If everybody on this  list was prepared to pay 40 dollars for a new version
>> of PMMail it wouldn't pay for the development
>
>   Just wanted to point out that I don't think that this list is representative
>of anything other than a statistical sampling of the PMMail userbase.

I would guess that it would contain a higher percentage than the
general population (of those who own PMMail already) of people who
would pay for PMMail.  Of all of the rest of those who own PMMail
licenses, many likely have stopped using PMMail and would definitely
not pay.  Many others aren't interested enough to pay for an upgrade
without significant new features...

I'd say that likely 80% of us on the list would pay for an upgrade,
whereas <30% of all current licensees would pay.  Just a guess.

So, saying "If everybody on the list ..." is not much different than
saying "If everyone who *would* pay for it did..."