Chaotic attachments

John C Humphrey pmmail@rpglink.com
Sat, 23 Oct 1999 13:27:36 -0400 (EDT)

I had a similar attachment problem (just in getting errors opening attachments not the
problem with them changing to a *.att).  Following someone's advice from this list I
deleted any mime associations from PMMail that are normally handled by Workplace
Shell associations.  That is I removed gif, jpg, txt, etc. from the mime page in the
settings notebook.  Any attachments that have WPS associations and are not on the
mime settings page now open normally.  Previously I would get the rc==2 error and
then the WinOS2 error box.  After upgrading to 2.1 if these mime types are listed I just
get a rc==3 error.  I don't know if any of this helps and I don't know if it is a common
problem or specific to certain hardware configurations.

John