Invalid Page Fault

Antares Chartering & Shipping, Inc., New York, Tel 212 385-0180 pmmail@rpglink.com
Sun, 24 Oct 1999 22:12:10 -0400 (EDT)

On Sun, 24 Oct 1999 17:39:39 -0700, Steve Lamb wrote:

>Sunday, October 24, 1999, 4:44:27 AM, Krister wrote:
>> This started today. And now I have 14 mail items to retrieve, but PMMail
>> always stops when the 1st item reaches 100%. Any clues anyone?
>
>    Something in the message is killing PMMail.  Best thing to do is to log
>into the POP server and delete the first message.
>
>--
>         Steve C. Lamb         | I'm your priest, I'm your shrink, I'm your
>         ICQ: 5107343          | main connection to the switchboard of souls.
>-------------------------------+---------------------------------------------

I have the same problem about once a week 1 out of some 3500 messages. It
closes my pmmail. I delete the 1st message through telnet after first retrieving/viewing
same.

Seems to me the problem with "all" these messages is always at the
end of each line which look like ( ..P) or space, dot, dot, paragraph marker (when looking
at the message with an ASCII editor) whereby the frist "space dot" seems to be
be character and the "dot parapraph" marker is the 2nd character ie I cannot
separate, delete or copy out the first "space dot".

It only happens when I have a filter running otherwise the messages download fine.

Are the filters REXX problems? and if so does this "space dot" character represent
some  quotation mark, bracket  or similar which messes up the linein function of REXX ??

Could this be the cause?

What can be done about this?

Best regards

J. Semler
Antares NY - Tel: 212 385-0180, FAX: 212 385-0197, TLx: 428498 ACS
Internet E-mail address: acsny@ibm.net