Any Questions about or Suggestions for the next release?

Steve Lamb pmmail@rpglink.com
Wed, 1 Sep 1999 06:34:17 -0700

Wednesday, September 01, 1999, 6:31:48 AM, Darin wrote:
> That's nice and all, but the bottom line is that it's correct - for the
> message queue thread only.  Which is how it would get across to Bob&Ike

    The bottom line is that he wasn't clear.

> [Technically, it's also accurate if you anticipate users having SMP.
> But I doubt too many users who have PMMail/PMINews have OS/2 Warp
> Server SMP or OS/2 Warp Server for e-business on an SMP box... :-)]

    Technically, you're wrong.  The longest operation in the machine, and
hence, PMMail, is disk operations.  Having 256 threads spread across 256 CPUs
still won't speed up the disk.