Reply from Southsoft!!

Brian Morrison pmmail@rpglink.com
Wed, 01 Sep 1999 16:40:40 +0100

On Wed, 01 Sep 1999 11:25:09 -0400 (EDT), Ralph Cohen wrote:

>I just received the following reply from Jimmy at Southsoft!  I don't
>have time right now to look it over in detail but a quick run-through
>looks very positive.  I'll compose a response with the additional
>suggestions which have been submitted later today or tomorrow.

[snip]

>I just spoke to the boss and he says September for the release now.

That's good, but not surprising seeing as August is gone now ;-)

>>BUG: Timed Fetch Failure - Sometimes PMMail stops fetching the mail at
>>the prescribed timed intervals for no apparent reason.
>
>Haven't heard, but if it was common as in the mailing list, I'm sure it
>probably has.

Well, I'm an OS/2 beta tester, and I have the latest beta build, and it
still does this to me. I have reported it on the beta list and to BoB,
but so far, no reply.

I find that, sometimes, one or both of my smtp accounts will not fetch.
I can't say whether this is because the timer is not expiring and
kicking off the fetch, or because the program can't see any files in
the smtp directories. I suspect the former, because a manual fetch does
not work, a restart of PMMail is needed. It is almost as if something
has occurred which prevents the fetch routines from running at all. I
never saw this before a few months ago, and it may be because I have
many (about seven) accounts, with smtp fetches going on in four or five
of them simultaneously.

I would love to see it resolved. Ralph, maybe you could see if your
contact can find out more, particularly relevant to beta reports from
the last two months or so?

 'The village populace is jumpin' on faces, catchin' the javelin,
 Headin' the shot.' [FX: wet thud - "Oooo.."]