Any Questions about or Suggestions for the next release?

Steve Marvin pmmail@rpglink.com
Wed, 01 Sep 1999 18:56:03 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 01 Sep 1999 13:21:52 -0400, Jonathan B. Bayer wrote:

>On Wed, 01 Sep 1999 10:13:58 -0700 (PDT), Bill Wood wrote:
>
>>Oh, sorry. Yes I understand NT can (with an add on for
>>4.0) read and write HPFS. Is it true that PMMail and
>>PMMail98 actually use a single data structure? How is
>>this set up? I'd appreciate it.
>>
>>w3
>
>PMMail 98 and PMMail/2 both started with a common code base, and have
>both been designed to access the files the same way.  The data
>structures are identical, and the data files are not implementation
>dependent.  They both use a special character to separate data fields
>in the database files so they are not word-size dependent.
>
>To set this up you first need to install either version on a common
>file system.  Then boot into the other OS and install the appropriate
>version, into the same place.  It helps (may even be necessary) for the
>filesystem to have the same drive letter on both OS's.

Or if you use separate computers on a lan, share the directory containing
PMMail and Tools. It works fine this way *mostly* - Both tend to want to
do the same things like autofetch, delete mail from server ....

--
Make your PC part of the largest computer in the world