Attachment type

Steve Marvin pmmail@rpglink.com
Fri, 03 Sep 1999 09:33:17 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 03 Sep 1999 01:45:56 -0400, Kurt Kehler wrote:

>What type of attachment is this?  It came from a family member.  The
>message came through as ascii text and she was not knowingly sending me
>anything as an attachment, though her mail software tacked this on at
>the end.
>
>>------ =_NextPart_000_01BEF599.16B33FC0
>  [big snip]
>>------ =_NextPart_000_01BEF599.16B33FC0--

tnef == transmission neutral encoding format. Microsofts attempt to
*invent* a standard. This is essentially a rich-text version of the
ascii text in the message and has all formatting that the ascii
does not. It can be suppressed in the mail client (both exchange
and outlook) but I don't have specific details on how to do it.
She should look for "send rich text" or something like that.

--
Make your PC part of the largest computer in the world