"redraw" crash

Ray pmmail@rpglink.com
Fri, 03 Sep 99 10:12:34 -0500

Brian Morrison wrote:

>Hmm, no I don't get this sort of thing, and I have PMMail running all
>the time the system is up. I am using a S3 Trio 64V+ card, with the old
>3.03.16 driver. I have never seen this type of hang.
>
>Can you detail your system level, FPs applied etc, 3rd party WPS utils
>and all that? Maybe it is something odd you have. I have FP10, OD 2.01,
>Process Commander and a few other odds like the old IBM extdesk.

Warp4, Fixpack 6, but I've had the problem since Warp3, since I first
tried PMMail, which is a long time ago now.  I've had NPSWPS going a
while too, along with Xfolder (tho a lot of things that NPS did
Xfolder does for me now) -- NPS is I guess the only real constant.  I
occasionally stick up a bitmap in the background, but very, very
seldom.

The only other "enhancer" I can think of that's a candidate is a
keyswitching utility, an old EWS thing called "Jumpkey/2."

For anyone else who might be anxious to reproduce this error, heh
heh: it tends to happen when I'm switching very quickly -- either
through the alt-tab or directly with the keyswitch.

No need to reply if you can't reproduce it.

-Ray Tennenbaum