PMMail Update Plans II - Response

Ralph Cohen pmmail@rpglink.com
Wed, 08 Sep 1999 16:23:17 -0400 (EDT)

HI,

I received a response from Jimmy at Southsoft this afternoon with
answers to a few of the bugs and feature requests included in the
inquiry sent earlier this week.  I've posted a synopsis of his response
below.

Ralph

------------------

From: "PMMail OS/2 Support" <pmmailos2@southsoft.com>
Date: Wed, 08 Sep 1999 15:53:54 -0400
Subject: Re: Update Plans II

I haven't gotten a copy of the new OS/2, but I do have the Windows
version.
Still no list but I'll confirm what I can from the Windows version.

>BUG: Stalled POP Retrievals - POP retrievals sometimes stall and when
>they do, PMMail should recognize the situation and cause a new Fetch
>cycle to run.
>
>BUG: Timed Fetch Failure - Sometimes PMMail stops fetching the mail at
>the prescribed timed intervals for no apparent reason.
>
>  NOTE:  A current PMMail/2 beta tester says that the problem still
>exists in the latest drop of the beta.

I sent an email asking about this yesterday but haven't heard anything
back yet.

>FEATURE - Provide the ability to purge attachments while retaining
>messages, and new list view symbol to indicate that a message's
>attachment(s) have been deleted.

There is a new filter action that will allow you to seperate and save
them to a
specified folder

>FEATURE - Allow a wider range of times for the "Check for new mail
>every ___ seconds" setting so that users can choose to auto-retrieve
>from an account once every few hours or even days.  The current maximum
>interval of 3600 seconds (1 hour) is too short.

It is between 30,000 and 35,000 now.  Over 8 hours

Sorry I don't have any more (information) right now but I am still
playing around with it.

(Jimmy)
rpcohen@neurotron.com