command line mailer

Steve Lamb pmmail@rpglink.com
Mon, 13 Sep 1999 16:24:19 -0700

Monday, September 13, 1999, 4:15:17 PM, Chris wrote:
>>    Well, that would be a second choice, if there was a local MTA.  I dunno
>>about you, but I'd just rather not get into the whole sockets programming.  ;)

> SMTP is one of the simplest protocols to implement - take a look at
> RFC821. You can easily do it by hand in telnet...
> PGP Public Key Fingerprint: A39A 4042 4421 7B02  6A94 0347 D46E 8234

    *smirk*

helo rpglink.com
mail from: morpheus@rpglink.com
rcpt to: Chris Adams <pmmail@rpglink.com>
data
From: Steve Lamb <morpheus@rpglink.com>
To: Chris Adams <pmmail@rpglink.com>
Subject: Groking SMTP
Date: Mon Sep 13 16:21:40 PDT 1999 (-0700)

    Oh, trust me, I know quite well how easy SMTP is to use.  I also know POP3
and NNTP fairly well.  Haven't delved into IMAP yet, though.  However, that
isn't what I had stated.  Nono, I said *sockets programming*.  Telnet is still
handling the portion that I would not want to delve into, which is sockets.
;)

    Of course, in this example, I will have to omit the ending single . since
that might end my real message.  :)

--
Some stupid sig by me.