Death Knell for OS/2 Client

Rodney R. Korte pmmail@rpglink.com
Sun, 19 Sep 1999 17:34:02 -0400 (EDT)

On Sun, 19 Sep 1999 12:30:27 -0700, Steve Lamb wrote:

>Sunday, September 19, 1999, 10:50:36 AM, Ralph wrote:
>> I have no problem with you posting the story but I would suspect that
>> your motivation had as much to do with raising a controversy as it did
>> with presenting a public service.

I would have to agree with this sentiment.  Though you have,
provided interesting viewpoints on many times (and I have
commended you in the past for it), your participation in this
list in the recent past has been little more than antagonistic
fodder better suited for comp.os.*.advocacy.

>    Considering my first post was just the story and the cite how can my
>motivation be anything but informational?

And someone posting a factual anti-abortion article to a pro-life
mailing list (or visa-versa) would only do it to be
"informational".  Yeah, right.

>> Besides, maybe if Southsoft were convinced that OS/2 was dead they'd develop
>> for Linux or BeOs instead. (They are your current favorites, right?)<g>
>
>    I really don't like BeOS.  I'm also no longer using PMMail.  Quite

Fabulous.  Regardless of your position as the hostee of this
list, I would respectfully request that you discontinue
participation in this list unless you wish to discuss the use
of any version of PMMail (and you *do* have good knowlege in this
area).

I hereby add my voice to those proclaiming their distaste for
the advocacy-type rhetoric that seems to have taken over this
list of late.  And Steve, believe it or not, you are a major
provider in this area.

All in favor, say 'aye'.

Rodney
--
Rodney R. Korte                   OS/2. Operate at a higher level.
rkorte@psu.edu                 ---> MIME, PGP (at URL below) welcome.