Death Knell for OS/2 Client

Steve Wendt pmmail@rpglink.com
Mon, 20 Sep 1999 11:15:05 -0700 (PDT)

On Mon, 20 Sep 1999 10:58:25 -0700, Steve Lamb wrote:

>    This is windows we're talking about.  Security alerts aren't news.  People
>don't run Windows for security.  OTOH, if someone posted that Microsoft was
>dropping support for Windows and they had a verifiable source behind it that
>looked legit I would post that here as well.

Careful with your wording... IBM is not dropping support.  IBM supports OS/2 better
than Microsoft supports Windows, as far as updates go.  All they have said is that
there is not a new client forthcoming.

"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly,
while bad people will find a way around the laws."
     - Plato (427-347 B.C.)