Attachments: What we know so far...

Brian Morrison pmmail@rpglink.com
Fri, 24 Sep 1999 20:43:19 +0100

On Fri, 24 Sep 1999 15:24:19 -0400, Michael Vislocky wrote:

>3.  Microsoft Outlook Express WAS able to identify the correct
>filename.
[snip]

>I'm afraid if I don't find a better solution for PMMail, they'll give
>up and switch to MS.

Roll up, roll up, see M$ destroy MIME compatibility for everyone!

This is a prime example of M$-centric ways of doing things being
useless for everyone else. FWIW, I often see posts to another list I'm
on appear with ms-tnef as the MIME type. They are full of additional
characters in much the same way that Quoted Printable encoded mail is.
Yuck!

When the revolution comes, they'll be the first against the wall......

 'The village populace is jumpin' on faces, catchin' the javelin,
 Headin' the shot.' [FX: wet thud - "Oooo.."]