Another suggestion for next release

Steve Lamb pmmail@rpglink.com
Thu, 30 Sep 1999 13:27:32 -0700

Thursday, September 30, 1999, 11:25:07 AM, Alexander wrote:
>> A year or so ago the issue of a linux version of PMMAIL was broached but
>> Bob and Ike dismissed it because they felt the linux community is too
>> accustomed to getting things for free and porting PMMAIL would never pay
>> for itself.
> As I said then, I'd pay.

    It also has been pointed out that PMMail isn't paying enough for B&I to
not do other things.  Sure, you'd pay, but, no slight intended, you don't
count.  Neither do I.  We already use PMMail.  They need to capture people who
otherwise haven't used PMMail, lots of them, to make it pay.

>> I think enough has changed inthe last year and the existence of more and
>> more commercial packages for linux has demonstrated that developing for
>> linux *CAN* pay the bills.
> YES.

    No.  The existence of more and more commercial packages for linux has
demonstrated that the commercial entities are looking into viable options
outside of Windows.  I do not think that any of them have yet to turn a
substantial profit.  They *think* it will.  They're betting it will.  It has
not been demonstrated that it will.