BSW and PMView and PMMail and the Timeline

Ralph Cohen pmmail@rpglink.com
Sat, 01 Apr 2000 20:27:42 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 31 Mar 2000 16:29:44 -0400 (AST), Trevor Smith wrote:

>Part of the problem -- as anyone who has ever done software
>development knows -- is that deadline predictions are had to make
>with 100% certainty. But, many users have demanded predictions so the
>Blueprint management was forced to make them. Then, if Blueprint was
>unable to meet the predictions, the result was disappointed customers
>(you).

Sorry, was there a timeline posted that I missed?  The only
"prediction" I've heard Blueprint make is that they were going to post
a timeline of fixes and updates along with information about a newly
hired programmer.  On Feb 1 Jimmy wrote:

>As a side note, we now have a new lead programmer that will take over
>development of PMMail.  I haven't gotten the finalization to say who yet, but
>many of you have viewed his work already.
>
>Also I should have timeline of the updates in about 2 weeks.

While I understand that it is not always possible to meet deadlines
made on a timeline projection, I am concerned that we've been waiting
so long for the timeline itself.  Perhaps, in order to simplify things,
you could just get us answers to a couple general questions.

1.  Is Blueprint expecting to release bug fixed versions of PMMail/2
*AND* PMMail 2000 in the next three months?

2.  Is Blueprint expecting to release significantly upgraded versions
of PMMail/2 *AND* PMMail 2000 this year?

If that information's available, then maybe you can wow us with a list
of bugs and features that will be addressed in the new releases.

Thanks,

Ralph

rpcohen@neurotron.com