TimeZone

Trevor Smith pmmail@rpglink.com
Sun, 02 Apr 2000 08:17:12 -0300 (ADT)

On Sun, 02 Apr 2000 04:21:58 -0400 (EDT), Philip R. Mann wrote:

>I am happy to note that with the proper TZ variable, PMMail/2 2.1 handled
>the changeover to DST this morning perfectly.

You know, I'm not sure I saw precisely correct behaviour here.

We have DST here (I'm in the AST4ADT time zone) and the changeover
officially happened this morning (on or about 1:00am, Sunday, April
2). During standard time my Locale page (and TZ setting in sent
messages) in PMMail/2 2.10.2010 have been reading "-0400 (ADT)". I
sent a message on Friday, March 31 with a header line that reads:

Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2000 16:48:04 -0400 (AST)

I sent a message on Saturday, April 1 with a header line that reads:

Date: Sat, 01 Apr 2000 21:33:14 -0300 (ADT)

Messages I send today, Sunday, April 2, have header lines that read
(something like):

Date: Sun, 02 Apr 2000 07:56:48 -0300 (ADT)

It appears to me that PMMail/2 believes that I switched to DST
yesterday instead of this morning. (It also appears that it thinks
GMT has no DST since I'm now only 3 hrs back instead of 4. Is that
correct?)

Can anyone comment on whether PMMail/2, my SET TZ statement or my
local radio station is wrong about the date DST came into effect for
me?

--
 Trevor Smith          |          trevor@haligonian.com
 PGP public key available at: www.haligonian.com/trevor

PGP Public Key Fingerprint= A68C C4EC C163 5C0A 6CFA  671F 05D4 0B30 318B AFD6