BCC and the Sent folder

Brian Morrison pmmail@rpglink.com
Mon, 03 Apr 2000 17:19:59 +0100

On Mon, 3 Apr 2000 09:09:23 -0700, Steve Lamb wrote:

>    Actually, I think this was removed at my behest the first time a message
>was forwarded with the headers intact.  BCCs are supposed to be /blind/,
>unknown to other recipients, etc.  Storing them kind of defeats that purpose.

Yes, I know Steve. However, view full message shows the BCC info so it
*is* stored somewhere. It would just be a nice touch to have a way of
knowing that there was a BCC recipient without having to open each
message and do an alt-V each time.

I fully agree that you don't want to send the BCC data out of later you
forward a mail to someone, but presumably PMMail is intelligent enough
to strip it out in every case.

It just happened I was trying to see who I had BCC'd for a couple of
messages and found it harder than I expected.

              do you know how far this has gone?
               just how damaged have I become?
                                      'Even Deeper' by Nine Inch Nails