(OT) For you OS/2 & Linux users

Steve Lamb pmmail@rpglink.com
Mon, 3 Apr 2000 11:52:55 -0700

Re: Linux v2.4 and file systems...

There are a number of improvements which will improve compatibility with other
systems. OS/2 users will finally be able to write to their filesystems from
within Linux. (This change is a long time in coming and I hope that there are
still OS/2 users out there to enjoy it.) NT users do not have this luxury yet
as their driver is still in the experimental stage. NextStep users will be
able to mount their CD-ROMs under Linux as Linux supports an extension to the
UFS filesystem that NextStep uses.