PGP: sequencing messages

Brian Morrison pmmail@rpglink.com
Wed, 05 Apr 2000 18:09:53 +0100

On Wed, 05 Apr 2000 13:47:54 -0300 (ADT), Trevor Smith wrote:

>When PMMail/2 bounces a message it leaves the original headers
>intact. So the original message id line is still there. Additional
>headers are also added to the message (by the SMTP server),
>including:

>(with a different id string, of course). This ID is unique.
>
>If you bounce the message *again* (i.e. bounce an already bounced
>message), no addtional "Resent-Message-Id:" seems to be added. This
>may be a bug, but I'm not sure because I've only just noticed it.

I thought that the bounced message should have the original ID copied
to the Resent-Message-ID: header and the new ID generated should become
the message-ID.

I may have that wrong. Back to RFC822 when I get a chance.

              do you know how far this has gone?
               just how damaged have I become?
                                      'Even Deeper' by Nine Inch Nails