Red Dots

Trevor Smith pmmail@rpglink.com
Thu, 06 Apr 2000 07:47:02 -0300 (ADT)

On Thu, 06 Apr 00 19:48:49 +1000, Tom Perrett wrote:

>In the list of messages I am used to seeing envelopes,
>keys and so on.
>
>But what the blue blazes are red dots in aid of? There

OK which is it you're curious about "blue blazes" or "red dots"? :-)

>were two messages in the list from the same guy, each
>had a red dot to those entries in the message list.

To be more serious...

When a message comes in it can have one of 3 priorities that PMMail
recognizes, low, normal or high. Each has a corresponding coloured
envelope icon when the mail arrives, turquoise (on my screen at
least), yellow-ish and red respectively.

Once you open a message PMMail marks it as "read" and changes its
icon from an envelope to a "dot" if it is low or high priority.
(Normal priority read messages just get no icon at all.) The dot will
be blue for low priority, read messages or red for high priority,
read messages.

--
 Trevor Smith          |          trevor@haligonian.com
 PGP public key available at: www.haligonian.com/trevor

PGP Public Key Fingerprint= A68C C4EC C163 5C0A 6CFA  671F 05D4 0B30 318B AFD6