Re[4]: Life after PMMail

Dave Liquorice pmmail@rpglink.com
Sat, 08 Apr 2000 09:00:51 +0100 (BST)

On Fri, 07 Apr 2000 21:05:05 +0100 (BST), Paul Ratcliffe wrote:

>> PMMail has ruined it? To my knowledge PMMail does not modify the text
>> of email in any way.
>
> It does. For one thing, it always seems to add about 6 blank lines to
> the bottom of every message. If I wanted these damned things there,
> then I would bash the return key myself. I don't, so why does it do it
> and can it be fixed?

I see what you mean. Is your default .sig set up and pointing to an
empty file?

The .sig editor in PMMail isn't very clever as you can't check your line
lengths very easyly and you have to place the
separator should be automatically placed (maybe with an option ti turn
it on/off on a per .sig basis and there should be a column count or
other means of checking line length.

It would also be useful if all the .sigs where kept in the same
directory. As something simple like a phone number change is a PITA to
do. You either have to use the inbulit editor on each .sig or find the
files scattered about the place. If they where all in one directory it
would be simple to grep/rexx a search and replace.

Cheers
Dave.