Spell Checker plurals

treasure.mountain pmmail@rpglink.com
Sun, 09 Apr 2000 13:16:10 -0500

On Sun, 09 Apr 2000 03:30:01 -0700 (PDT), Steve Lamb wrote:

>    As for plurals, at least in English, do you know that it isn't that
>simple?  Moose, meese, mooses, goose, geese, gooses.  :)

Well, I did say "simple plurals"--meaning those to which you add "s" or
"es" according to a set of rules.  The oddballs can be treated as
separate words (and probably already are). But I see what you mean: the
spellchecker would allow incorrect plural like "mooses" unless some
kind of routine prevented that. Still, the point is the same.  Other
programs (Word Perfect, Word, etc.) manage to handle this without
forcing the user to okay and add virtually every plural formation.  I
don't see why PMMail can't do the same.

>>There are two wonderfun /FREE/ spell checkers
under the GPL which blow the water out of pretty
 much anything available right now on Windows. <<

I like the PMMail edit window and would prefer not to have to use a
separate program to compose messages.  Still, I'm willing to give
another spell checker a try.  What is GPL?  Where can I find aspell and
ispell?

Thanks,

Pat Adkins