Sigs was Re: Re[4]: Life after PMMail

Kris Sorem Sr pmmail@rpglink.com
Sun, 09 Apr 2000 20:24:01 -0700 (PDT)

On Sun, 09 Apr 2000 18:17:28 +0100 (BST), Dave Liquorice wrote:

>Neither would I. But I can't see why the program can't present them to
>the user on a per account basis but store them in one place.

Um. No. This same argument could be made for all other aspects of 'account
specific' information. ICSL filters are treated in a similar way as sigs.
Only global functions (ex. address book) are not. The authors chose to
isolate each mail account. However, if this your preference, you can
accomplish it without much difficulty. Each account sigs.lst file can
point to the same directory. To be account specific, only the sig.txt
files for that account can be in the sigs.lst file and no sig.txt filename
can be duplicated as is now the case. It would make the account less
portable.
--
/s/~Kris <norseman@humboldt1.com>