Have they given up?

Brian Morrison pmmail@rpglink.com
Thu, 13 Apr 2000 17:24:27 +0100

On Thu, 13 Apr 2000 08:17:13 -0700, Steve Lamb wrote:

>Thursday, April 13, 2000, 8:00:37 AM, Brian wrote:
>> OS/2 was an option for preload on many IBM machines up to about 1996 or
>> so.
>
>    Which was advertised how much?

Not much, but the dedicated few knew about it.

>> Yes, they did start to block things that would have helped OS/2, that was
>> because of the constant internal fight between the PC Co and PSP.
>
>    And that lead to the demise of the GDK?  I don't think so.

No, I doubt it too, but I'm sure that pressure was applied in one form
or another.

>    And to continue the thread that IBM wants to kill OS/2:
>http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=00/04/12/2312251&mode=thread

Yeah, well, I'll stop using it when they pry the mouse and keyboard out
of my cold dead hands...

              do you know how far this has gone?
               just how damaged have I become?
                                      'Even Deeper' by Nine Inch Nails