Another Wish for the List

Alexander Sarras pmmail@rpglink.com
Thu, 13 Apr 2000 20:50:27 +0200 (CED)

On Thu, 13 Apr 2000 20:38:05 +0200 (DST), Joachim F. Selinger wrote:

> Hello Ralph,
>
> could you add a small feature to the list?
>
> I often move files directly into some folders (mainly from one account
> to another, which isn't possible within PMMail/2) with REXX, but then I
> need to reindex manually each time I want to see those messages.
>
> Wouldn't this be an appropriate feature for the actions in some filters?
> Like I could just start this before closing or after opening PMMail
> automagically and then be done with it. Or there could be an external
> hook (Steve L., you here me ;-) ) that would ask PMMail to reindex a
> specified folder. This way this would be even better.
>
> Any other ideas are welcome!

1. Concerning external hooks: At least in th OS/2 version I miss the
possibility to start a fetch from outside an already running instance of
PMMail/2, preferrably without it changing its minimized state.

2. Concerning html. Make html-support optional and (maybe) provide an
ICSL-variable for checking wether a particular message would trigger it.
This would make rejecting html-emails so much easier..

SaS
--
       Dr. Alexander Sarras         |     * Trouble * IS my middle name!
  www.sarras.at     mail@sarras.at  |           The TroubleShooter