Have they given up?

Winfried Tilanus pmmail@rpglink.com
Fri, 14 Apr 2000 09:02:00 +0200

On Fri, 14 Apr 2000 15:54:06 +0900 (EST), John Angelico wrote:

>I may be experiencing the double sends, because I get mysterious double postings to a couple of other lists I'm on.
>Trouble is, it's never consistent. I should pay more attention, shouldn't I?

hmmm, I had recently some double sends too. I have a hypothesis about
it: It might have something to do with frequently checking for new
mail, sending mail by pop and 'send after fetch' checked: if the
pop-server is locked because of checking mail while trying to send a
mail, it is send two times.

I can't proof anything, because it is not consistant, but I didn't
notice it anymore after unchecking 'send after fetch'.

So?????

Best wishes,
Winfried

http://web.inter.NL.net/users/Winfried/