Have they given up?

Bill Wood pmmail@rpglink.com
Sun, 16 Apr 2000 09:00:11 -0700 (PDT)

I run a TNT2 Ultra card using a Scitech beta driver for OS2. I
had to fool around with the OS2 install, but after I got it
working it was terrific. But then, I play games in Windows
(Win98Lite, actually), but not in OS2. That I use for
everything else. I understand that the GeForce and TNT2
architectures/designs are very similar. Unfortunately, Scitech
doesn't really have any tech support. Instead they throw you to
the mercy of a user list. Hmmm. Sounds familiar.

As for Matrox, for years, I ran ACAD under OS2 in a full-screen
DOS box, but if I tried to get back to my desk top it was hard
reboot time, everytime, and all my work was lost if I forgot to
save it. I finally got Matrox to admit the problem, but they
literally refused it fix it. All S3-based video cards worked
fine - always. Finally, at last, my Matrox driver (for old
Millenium II) handles ACAD correctly.

w3

+++++

On Fri, 14 Apr 2000 20:09:53 -0300 (ADT), Trevor Smith wrote:

>On Fri, 14 Apr 2000 13:12:25 -0400, Jonathan B. Bayer wrote:
>
>>Junk the G400, get a GeForce 256 DDR instead.  UT is absolutely unreal
>>on it!
>
>No thanks. I use OS/2 90% of the day. I'm not going to use any other
>video card than the Matrox until someone convincingly shows me it has
>good drivers. The Matrox has been very good to me.
>

>--
> Trevor Smith          |          trevor@haligonian.com
> PGP public key available at: www.haligonian.com/trevor
>
>PGP Public Key Fingerprint= A68C C4EC C163 5C0A 6CFA  671F 05D4 0B30 318B AFD6

w3

Bill Wood
Las Vegas, NV
wwwood@lv.rmci.net