Have they given up?

John Angelico pmmail@rpglink.com
Mon, 17 Apr 2000 11:28:42 +0900 (EST)

On Sun, 16 Apr 2000 14:59:46 -0700, Steve Lamb wrote:

>    It doesn't have to.  OS/2 doesn't do it.  I move a program it is broken
>because it has drive letters hard coded everywhere.  With Linux there are no
>drive letters to worry about.  Since it is all on a VFS the path remains the
>same even though the physical drive underneath may change, even to the point
>of not being on the same machine at all.

Valid point but what do you mean about moving a program in OS/2 and breaking links? I don't move many programs now
since my system is fairly settled, but if I do re-arrange things and move a folder to another drive, my shadows in
WarpCenter and/or Launchpad are automatically updated.

What situation are you describing where drive letters are hard-coded? I am not denying, I am simply puzzled by your
cryptic description.

Best regards
John Angelico
OS/2 SIG