Have they given up?

John Angelico pmmail@rpglink.com
Mon, 17 Apr 2000 16:53:18 +0900 (EST)

On Mon, 17 Apr 2000 00:22:12 -0300 (ADT), Trevor Smith wrote:

>On Mon, 17 Apr 2000 11:28:42 +0900 (EST), John Angelico wrote:
>
>>What situation are you describing where drive letters are hard-coded? I am not denying, I am simply puzzled by your
>>cryptic description.
>
>He's probably thinking of environment variables, paths, etc. in the
>config.sys. I recently dragged and dropped Visual Age C++ (170 meg!)
>from F: to E: (was making room for a linux partition) and I had to
>manually search/replace F:\IBMCPP to E:\IBMCPP in my config.sys.
>
>This sucks but since VAC++ insists on setting a billion environment
>variables in the config.sys, there's no way around it.

>If OS/2 used Linux's sensible partition/directory naming conventions,
>editing config.sys would not have been necessary.

Yeah. I'm no developer but I can see that with my eyes closed.
Or as the old Jewish joke goes: That I really need!

Best regards
John Angelico
OS/2 SIG
talldad@melbpc.org.au or talldad@kepl.com.au

PMTagline v1.50 - Copyright, 1996-1997, Stephen Berg and John Angelico
... Debugging=removing bugs. Programming=putting them in.