Have they given up?

Andrew Webber pmmail@rpglink.com
Wed, 19 Apr 2000 18:36:15 -0400

On Fri, 14 Apr 2000 09:58:24 -0400, Jimmy S. McCorquodale, Jr.
wrote:

>I don't have the all the specifics handy right now, but from
>what I recall
>
>1 account
>10 entry address book
>2 canned replies
>2 signatures(?)
>3 filters (?)
>
>Not sure about the numbers for the last too, but that is how it
>will basically go.

If it's not too late, I'd like to strongly suggest you reconsider
one of those limits.  Please make it 2 accounts.

I came to PMMail as a Windows user.  I had one primary requirement
when I decided to switch from the old Eudora Lite (v3 maybe): I
wanted to handle multiple email accounts.  Tried Eudora Pro as a
demo, which advertised multiple accounts.  While it was better than
Netscape (which required quitting and re-launching), it seemed that
I had to change identies manually.

PMMail's unique claim to fame was the way it handled multiple
accounts.  (I also tried a number of other packages (including The
Bat, which I know Steve uses, but I don't recall why I went with
PMMail).).

Let me put it this way: with the limitations listed above, what in
the demo would make me want to buy PMMail?  At least with a second
account, the user could try dragging an email between accounts and
see that all the personal settings changed automatically.

Thanks for listening.

andrew [awebber@wwwebbers.com]
------
for PGP public key, send email with "send public key" as subject
current local weather: http://cnn.com/WEATHER/html/OttawaOntario.html