PMMail/2 and .vcf attachments

Trevor Smith pmmail@rpglink.com
Wed, 26 Apr 2000 14:49:04 -0300 (ADT)

On Wed, 26 Apr 2000 18:29:16 +0100 (BST), Simon Bowring wrote:

>1. Pick a time when not much is talking on the network, and type:
>   iptrace <ENTER>
>
>2. Then open up my .vcf attachment and wait for your modem lights
>   to stop twinkling,
>
>3. Interupt the iptrace (^C etc)

Done.

>4. run ipformat to view thye output and see if you can workout

I'm new to this but it appears very much like my machine is calling
pgp.ai.mit.edu and other similar addresses and trying to contact to
keyservers and sending this:

 GET /pks/lookup?
 op=get&exact=on&
 search=.\TEMP\KE
 Y.TXT HTTP/1.0.U
 ser-Agent: PGP/5
 .0 (Unix)....

It is getting replies similar to this, I think:

HTTP/1.0 200 OK.
.Server: pks_www
/0.9.4..Content-
type: text/html.
...<title>Public
 Key Server -- E
rror</title><p>.
.<h1>Public Key
Server -- Error<
/h1><p>..No matc
hing keys in dat
abase

Shrug.

--
 Trevor Smith          |          trevor@haligonian.com
 PGP public key available at: www.haligonian.com/trevor

PGP Public Key Fingerprint= A68C C4EC C163 5C0A 6CFA  671F 05D4 0B30 318B AFD6