PMMail/2 and .vcf attachments

Brian Morrison pmmail@rpglink.com
Thu, 27 Apr 2000 11:26:34 +0100

On Thu, 27 Apr 2000 11:15:28 +0100 (BST), Simon Bowring wrote:

>The message wasn't pgp encoded or signed, but the .vcf did contain my
>PGP key which PMMail passes to pgp to add to it's keyring - I strongly
>suspect PGP is contacting the keyserver (http://pgp.ai.mit.edu/), not
>pmmail, but what for?

I noticed that PMMail 2000 Pro does not show any security information
when the address book dialog opens after double clicking your attached
.vcf file. If it contains your public key perhaps this should happen,
but if it doesn't in PMMail 2000 then why does it in PMMail/2?

Puzzling, very puzzling....

              do you know how far this has gone?
               just how damaged have I become?
                                      'Even Deeper' by Nine Inch Nails