PMMail/2 and .vcf attachments

Simon Bowring pmmail@rpglink.com
Thu, 27 Apr 2000 19:23:19 +0100 (BST)

On Thu, 27 Apr 2000 12:54:31 -0300 (ADT), Trevor Smith wrote:

>Yes, this seems to be what must be happening. Simon, I think you're
>PGP key is invalid, or at least my PGP 5.0 thinks it is.

Ok...

Firstly I am using PGP v2.6.3i and not 5.x - this may have a bearing
on the problem (I dind't want to have to go through setting up pgp
again!).

Secondly, the PGP key in the .vcf file was generated by PMMail/2,
so if it's incorrect, then it *must*(!) be a bug in PMMail/2, maybe?

Thirdly, my PGP key *works* (I use it to talk about my top-
secret terrorist activities - damn, what a giveaway), and is:

Which is *identical* to the one in my .vcf file (taking into consideration
the quoted printable encoding of the CR LF/=0D=0A sequences at the
end of lines and that "_" = " "):

KEY;ENCODING=QUOTED-PRINTABLE:-----BEGIN_PGP_PUBLIC_KEY_BLOCK-----=0D=0A
	Version:_2.6.3i=0D=0A
	=0D=0A
	mQCNAzVbMpEAAAEEAOGS8WsbGi/bEuav5ZqJaq0TfKVd5VVdl4Wah+/FQ3NNNyRZ=0D=0A
	+l/bltdfOeD47dsxFUZYkmqIyvYyOQ8/vBytSaaOUMnLY2JFjONSmeEnpBHYxU0j=0D=0A
	oiz+FXQgmhA6jGsRuQbn4poTd7nXL2OvjVF77zmYsDdqeVptUGmzcRWrcHyZAAUR=0D=0A
	tCdTaW1vbiBCb3dyaW5nIDxzYm93cmluZ0BtcGMtZGF0YS5jby51az6JAJUDBRA1=0D=0A
	WzKRabNxFatwfJkBAdXXBACagf2DPVJiVNndOt1tJIQqAzvsVipIznXTZcIZn102=0D=0A
	RIMUv3Yn+VoItmFwi9mfYo4+MdONfjH3roe+ooXTaREgVobi7PK9smSbtaRNTbFs=0D=0A
	n/3Rg1z+KA0yokYMJ+ntDRx2UvQeLWCIhyTLHW+Cw9IKsK+bW6eKSC+58wfV8i5w=0D=0A
	1g=3D=3D=0D=0A
	=3D4TII=0D=0A
	-----END_PGP_PUBLIC_KEY_BLOCK-----=0D=0A
TYPE:PGP

>I grabbed someone's public PGP key from his web site and saved it as
>a text file named 'testkey', but first I removed the first x lines. I
>tried this from the command line with OS/2:
>
>  gpk -a testkey
>
>Sure enough, PGPK.exe realized this key was garbage, and went to my
>default PGP Keyserver (pgp.ai.mit.edu) to find a key named "testkey".
>(It found quite a few, btw.)
>
>Next, I resaved 'testkey' with the entire, valid public key from my
>guinea pig's web site and tried
>
>  gpk -a testkey
>
>again. This time it worked fine, since the key was in fact
>functional. No PGP Keyserver was contacted.
>
>The mystery solved! My PGP doesn't like Simon's PGP key. Simon's "key
>add error" (sorry, I may have earlier wrote that this was an error
>Brian received, but I think it was Simon who wrote about this) must
>also be related to this issue.
It was me!

>Simon, I'd check your PGP key in your VCF.

Done - it's apparently correct!

If you send an email to me with a subject of "$PGPKEY" (without the
quotes), you will receive my PGP key by return - can you see if pgpk.exe
is happy wit this (apparently identical) key?

Simon