OS/2 Install problem, solved!

Brian Morrison pmmail@rpglink.com
Fri, 28 Apr 2000 18:08:17 +0100

On Fri, 28 Apr 2000 12:32:11 -0400, Jonathan B. Bayer wrote:

>FYI, for those who are interested,
>
>I was trying to install OS/2 Warp v.4 on a new system.  The disk had
>previously had Windows-98 installed, which had been formatted as
>FAT-32.  The old partition was still there.  The OS/2 install would
>consistently fail with a TRAP D in fdisk when trying to leave fdisk.
>The old partition had been deleted and a new partition had been created
>in fdisk.
>
>The OS/2 fdisk has a problem when there is a FAT-32 partition on the
>drive.
>
>The solution was to use PartitionMagic to format the drive with HPFS.
>I have also been informed that using DOS fdisk to delete and create the
>partitions would work.

Hmm, probably down to OS/2's fdisk being written before FAT32 was
released, it came with Win 95 OSR2 didn't it? That was later than 1996
I think.

Anyway, I have Partition Magic so I will remember that for the future.

              do you know how far this has gone?
               just how damaged have I become?
                                      'Even Deeper' by Nine Inch Nails