PGP problems

John Bridges pmmail@rpglink.com
Tue, 01 Aug 2000 11:02:16 -0700

On Tue, 01 Aug 2000 18:50:40 +0100, David Gaskill wrote:

>I can't think of any other reason for your suggestion that everybody
>should use PGP

"most of my mail is unimportant, only the /important/ stuff should be
encrypted"

You realize that defeats the point?! If only "important" or "illegal"
messages are encrypted you draw attention to those messages and yourself.  If
messages can be decrypted by brute force, the fewer that are encrypted the
easier you are making it for the sniffers.

If everyone used PGP for everyday crap, then the important messages that
really should be encrypted would pass unnoticed.

If PGP really was painless/seamless to use, what would be your objection to
using it?