PGP problems

Steve Lamb pmmail@rpglink.com
Wed, 2 Aug 2000 08:36:19 -0700

On Wed, Aug 02, 2000 at 08:29:14AM -0700, John Bridges wrote:
> How does TB! handle it all?  In which ways is it better, which ways worse?

    TB! has several different ways to ensure that messages are signed and
encrypted automatically.  Default editor preferences, several different levels
of templates and, finally, toggles in the editor menus itself.  So if I have
the keys for people it will automatically encrypt to them.  Down side is that
it doesn't also encrpyt to yourself so you cannot open it again.  I believe
PMMail does do that.

    Getting PGP mail in TB! is a pain.  The PGP stuff is shown, not hidden.
You have to manually check the signature on any message that is signed.  It
does not automatically check the signature or open up encrypted mail by
default AFAIK.  Also the checking is not really integrated as nicely as
PMMail's is.

    Neither program has per account default keys.  Causes problems with me as
I have a key for both my personal and professional email.  I also intend to
create keys for any role that may need it in the future.  So if there ever is
a moderator of this list (doubtful) chances are there will be a separate
moderator key, and so on.