PGP problems

Steve Lamb pmmail@rpglink.com
Wed, 2 Aug 2000 12:00:06 -0700

On Wed, Aug 02, 2000 at 08:55:27PM +0200, Alexander Sarras wrote:
> >     Heh, not likely.  I monitor my machine quite a bit.  Besides, I was
> > telnetting out to someone's SMTP port. :P

> Naughty boy!

    Why?  That is how you flush a remote SMTP queue for your server.  You
telnet into your secondary MX's SMTP port and issue an ETRN command.  What
that script does is on a "game on" it shuts down my SMTP server.  All mail
then hits my secondary MX.  Then on a "game off" it restarts the SMTP server
and issues an ETRN to my secondary MX so his machine knows to send all pending
messages to my machine.