PGP problems

Alexander Sarras pmmail@rpglink.com
Thu, 03 Aug 2000 01:40:13 +0200 (CDT)

On Wed, 2 Aug 2000 15:03:42 -0700, Steve Lamb wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 02, 2000 at 11:55:18PM +0200, Alexander Sarras wrote:
> > On Wed, 02 Aug 2000 18:38:42 -0300, Trevor Smith wrote:
> > > Guys, what is "MX"? I had an error with an SMTP server for a while,
> > > noted that my MX record couldn't be resolved but my local ISP's tech
> > > support didn't have a clue what MX was.
> > Switch ISPs !! Fast!!!
>
>     Why?  How many SAs would know 1/2 of the current problems across 2-3
> differen platforms?  I wouldn't expect tech support to know what an MX record
> is.  I'd expect them to know where to go to find out, but that is a different
> issue.

Well, "didn't have a clue" for me difinitly covers not even realizing that
there's something to find out. And frankly, and ISP's tech support who
doesn't know about mail-basics isn't what I'd call encouraging.

OTOH, I thing I'm pretty much spoiled by the SA I had the pleasure to learn
of at the university ;->
SaS
--
       Dr. Alexander Sarras         |     * Trouble * IS my middle name!
  www.sarras.at     mail@sarras.at  |           The TroubleShooter