PGP problems

David Gaskill pmmail@rpglink.com
Fri, 04 Aug 2000 23:30:54 +0100

On Fri, 4 Aug 2000 15:02:54 -0700, Steve Lamb wrote:

>Friday, August 04, 2000, 2:52:13 PM, David wrote:
>> I fear that long before even one per cent of e-mail users have even heard of
>> PGP never mind started to use it  my miserable existence will have ended in
>> some godforsaken Gulag ...
>
>    I do believe I have finally found a person who has never heard of
>"Self-fulfilling prophecy".  I believe that if everyone who thought the way
>you did got off their ass and used it instead of making up excuses that more
>than 1% would be achieved tomorrow.

Well of course you may be right but I fear that we shall never know.

Almost by definition I, and those that agree with me, are not going to "get  off
our asses" to pursue a crusade for something in which we see no merit.

Even in this tiny, backward offshore island of Europe we have heard of self-
fulfilling prophecies; we have also heard of lost causes ...

David