PGP problems

David Gaskill pmmail@rpglink.com
Fri, 04 Aug 2000 23:56:05 +0100

On Fri, 4 Aug 2000 15:41:49 -0700, Steve Lamb wrote:

>Friday, August 04, 2000, 3:30:54 PM, David wrote:
>> Even in this tiny, backward offshore island of Europe we have heard of self-
>> fulfilling prophecies; we have also heard of lost causes ...
>
>    Freedom is a lost cause?
>
>    Privacy is a lost cause?

I don't think I said either of those things.

I did say that I believe that any attempt to persuade a majority to encrypt their
e-mail was a lost cause not least because most do not perceive, rightly or
wrongly, their freedom or privacy to be threatened in the way you suggest.

>    I pity you.

That's kind of you ...

David