Changing subject lines on incoming messages

Paul Ratcliffe pmmail@rpglink.com
Sat, 12 Aug 2000 14:51:41 +0100 (BST)

On Fri, 11 Aug 00 22:45:01 +0700, Dr. Jeffrey Race wrote:

>Yes it is very simple.  I do it all the time e.g. to delete long
>attachments.
>
>1-Create a holding folder
>2-Move the candidate message to the holding folder, where it will
>  appear simply as ASCII text
>3-Open the file in any text editor, make any desired changes, save
>4-In PMMail, move the message back to the desired directory, reindex.

Agreed, this will work, but it is desperately labour intensive, not at
all automatic and very time consuming. The solution is worse than the
problem in this case.
I just want a filter I can install and forget about.