how to stop outlook from coming up!

Kris Sorem Sr pmmail@rpglink.com
Sat, 12 Aug 2000 11:33:56 -0700 (PDT)

On Fri, 11 Aug 2000 08:40:47 -0700, Bill Wood wrote:

>Auto-executing virus catcher ... marvelous. But I can't get
>mine to automatically uninstall. I use Win only when necessary
>and I'm sufficiently ignorant and frightened that I don't just
>delete stuff. Is there some trick to getting rid of it?

I use Win only when asked and Warp doesn't provide an equivalent function.
Windows doesn't like removing its own apps like Outlook. I installed
PMMail as the default email client. I changed IE to use PMMail as the
email client then removed Outlook. I removed Outlook by selecting
Start=>Settings=>Control Panel=>Add/Remove Programs. On the window listing
installed programs I selected Outlook then selected Remove button. I then
rebooted Win98 and checked the Win registry to make sure that Outlook had
been removed. I haven't had any problems with doing this method.
--
JMO,
/s/~Kris