how to stop outlook from coming up!

Bill Wood pmmail@rpglink.com
Sat, 12 Aug 2000 17:42:05 -0700

On Sat, 12 Aug 2000 11:34:31 -0700 (PDT), Kris Sorem Sr wrote:

>On Fri, 11 Aug 2000 20:53:13 -0400 (EDT), Larry Ebbitt wrote:
>
>>Uninstalling windos is pretty effective, too.  <g,d,&r>
>
>Actually, the only o/s on my system until about six months ago was Warp4.
>My brother and son begged me to install Win98 for various reasons. I gave
>it its own partition and isolated it from Warp. I don't use the browser
>function of IE either though my son does. IE can't be completely removed
>from Win98 except to convert Win98 to Win95.
>--
>JMO,
>/s/~Kris
>-------------------------------+---------------------------------------------

You may know this already.  There is a version of Win98 from
Australia, called 98Lite, that breaks down 98 into its modules
and allows you to install it selectively, module-by-module. You
can leave out IE if you wish, as I have, and Outlook, too. This
is finished, mature SW that is not only a loader, but also
patches many dlls. I understand the developer, Shane Brooks,
www.98lite.net, has sold tens of thousand of copies. I've run
mine (98SE lite, pro version) for several months, and it's
stable and well behaved. I use it mostly for games. I also have
another computer that runs original 95, and this is the one
with Outlook on it. 98lite can be pared down less than 70MB
(98microLite) that is very fast and runs well under
Linux/VMWorks.

w3