how to stop outlook from coming up!

Bill Wood pmmail@rpglink.com
Sun, 13 Aug 2000 07:13:38 -0700

On Sun, 13 Aug 2000 09:26:41 -0400, Jonathan B. Bayer wrote:

>On Sat, 12 Aug 2000 17:42:05 -0700, Bill Wood wrote:
>
>>You may know this already.  There is a version of Win98 from
>>Australia, called 98Lite, that breaks down 98 into its modules
>>and allows you to install it selectively, module-by-module. You
>>can leave out IE if you wish, as I have, and Outlook, too. This
>>is finished, mature SW that is not only a loader, but also
>>patches many dlls. I understand the developer, Shane Brooks,
>>www.98lite.net, has sold tens of thousand of copies. I've run
>>mine (98SE lite, pro version) for several months, and it's
>>stable and well behaved. I use it mostly for games. I also have
>>another computer that runs original 95, and this is the one
>>with Outlook on it. 98lite can be pared down less than 70MB
>>(98microLite) that is very fast and runs well under
>>Linux/VMWorks.
>

>You have some of your facts wrong.  98Lite is not a version of Windows
>98.  It is a utility which can remove various components of Windows-98.
>
>I have it, it works well, I love it.
>

>JBB
>- --

Yes. Thank you. You are right. I was careless and ambiguous. It
is a loader and patch utility that allows the user to customize
his copy of Win9X considerably beyond what MS had in mind.
Perhaps we can compromise by identifying the 'Australian
versions' of Windows as those with the new loader and the
modified DLLs. They certainly aren't standard MS windows.

And, like you, I think it is wonderful, and goes a long way to
straightening out a gigantic MS mess. And it seem to be
considerably more stable.

I wish Mr Brooks well.

w3

+++++