ENOUGH!!! (was Re: Privacy from whom?)

Darin McBride pmmail@rpglink.com
Sun, 13 Aug 2000 10:52:03 -0400 (EDT)

On Sat, 12 Aug 2000 11:33:30 -0700 (PDT), Kris Sorem Sr wrote:

>On Thu, 10 Aug 2000 19:51:48 -0400 (EDT), Darin McBride wrote:
>
>>And Paul has not moderated - he just asked people in a thread to go
>>away.
>
>When you haven't actually been assigned the power to edit/remove posts by
>the list manager, seeking to prevent a thread through a post to the list
>/is/ moderation. Paul can complain about the off-topic thread without
>telling members to not post to the thread. That's the difference. Steve
>reminded the list members of this policy. Steve did not edit/remove Paul's
>complaint or tell him not to post a complaint. Essentially, Steve was
>reminding the list that you can complain about a thread but not seek to
>terminate it.

Steve complained about the complaint.  No difference.  In fact, Steve
told Paul "not to do it", even "not to think about it".  Steve went in
to greater detail about what Paul wasn't supposed to do than what Paul
said about the original thread.

It's very simple: telling people to stop moderating is just as much
moderating as telling people to stop any other thread.  Either they
both moderated or neither did.  I believe both did - believe whichever
way you want.  Just be consistent.