PGP 5.0 for OS/2

Trevor Smith pmmail@rpglink.com
Fri, 18 Aug 2000 00:46:46 -0300 (ADT)

In the course of testing I have stumbled across what I think is a bug
in PGP for OS/2. Can anyone confirm?

From the readme.asc (what passes for a manual):

To extract (copy) a key from your public key ring:
   pgpk -x userid -o keyfile

To extract (copy) a key from your public key ring in ascii form:
   pgpk -xa userid -o keyfile

Does this work for everyone? Me too. However, if you have more than
one key with the same 'userid' string in it, PGPK.exe just picks the
first one. To choose a different key with the same 'userid' string,
you can use:

To extract (copy) a key from your public key ring:
   pgpk -x -u userid -o keyfile

To extract (copy) a key from your public key ring in ascii form:
   pgpk -xa -u userid -o keyfile

However, while this causes PGPK.exe to ask me which of my multiple
keys containing "trevor" (for example) that I want to use, it fails
to act on any response I make.

I have 3 keys with 'trevor' in them, PGPK.exe lists all three, asks
me to enter a selection (presumably by typing either 1, 2 or 3 since
any other response produces "Invalid Selection.  Please try again.")
and then fails every time saying "No keys were selected for
extraction."

Can anyone confirm?

(PGPK also erroneously says "Please select a key to sign with:" when
I use this "extract" option. No signing should be taking place but I
think this is just a typo.)

--
 Trevor Smith          |          trevor@haligonian.com
 PGP public key available at: www.haligonian.com/trevor