OT: Tar

Larry Ebbitt pmmail@rpglink.com
Mon, 21 Aug 2000 10:59:00 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 21 Aug 2000 01:33:01 -0300 (ADT), Trevor Smith wrote:

>Steve, Darin, Andre and Larry: Thanks.
>
>What an idiot I am. I actually spent about 15 minutes trying to get
>docs/help for tar. I had deleted the inf, I couldn't get 'tar --help'
>to pipe to more.exe or less.exe, couldn't get it to output to a file,
>finally did mode 80,100 so I could see the whole output. I just
>didn't see the -f switch, though now that you point it out, there it
>is. :-)

My pleasure.  I'm not sure why I want to tell you why that
was fresh in my mind <g>.

Larry  -  Atlanta / OS/2

DISCLAIMER:  In the case that I contradicted something else I said
in this or some other post, the verbiage that is correct will override
the incorrect verbiage and the incorrect verbiage will be void!