PMMail on my desktop, files on notebook?

Andrew Webber pmmail@rpglink.com
Mon, 21 Aug 2000 20:24:13 -0400

I'm becoming more dissatisfied with my notebook computer as I get
more used to my desktop (higher screen resolution, the ThinkPad
doesn't like my KVM switch).  But I don't want two sets of mail
files.

If I get the two machines networked together again, could I leave
PMMail installed on my notebook (on D:), install PMMail on my
desktop machine, mount the TP's D: drive to (e.g.) H: on my
desktop, and tell the desktop installation to use H:?  Then when
I'm on the road, I'll still have access to all my mail files, and
any additional mail received will be visible when I'm home.

Right now the desktop has Win2k (and not much else), the notebook
has Win95, but if I can do this with PMMail (the most critical of
my apps), I may do it with other applications as well.  Would this
work?  Of course I would not have PMMail running on both machines
at once.  Would I have to buy another license?

Thanks!

andrew [awebber@wwwebbers.com]
------
for PGP public key, send email with "send public key" as subject
current local weather:
www.cnn.com/WEATHER/ce/Ontario/OttawaYOW.html