PMMail on my desktop, files on notebook?

Andrew Webber pmmail@rpglink.com
Mon, 21 Aug 2000 20:40:02 -0400

On Mon, 21 Aug 2000 20:36:44 +0000, Steven Tryon wrote:

>Andrew Webber wrote:
>>
>> If I get the two machines networked together again, could I leave
>> PMMail installed on my notebook (on D:), install PMMail on my
>> desktop machine, mount the TP's D: drive to (e.g.) H: on my
>> desktop, and tell the desktop installation to use H:?  Then when
>> I'm on the road, I'll still have access to all my mail files, and
>> any additional mail received will be visible when I'm home.
>
>Works like a charm.
>
>Steve

Thanks for the quick response!  (The keyboard attached to the
notebook through the KVM is acting particularly badly tonight).

Would I have to buy two PMMail licenses?  I think from the moral
POV I could argue it either way, but if they don't require me to
(say they only check for two simultaneously running copies, not two
machines on the net with the same registration code), then I can
happily have just one running.

Of course this does mean digging out the hub again, figuring out a
strategy, etc., etc.

Thanks again!

andrew [awebber@wwwebbers.com]
------
for PGP public key, send email with "send public key" as subject
current local weather:
www.cnn.com/WEATHER/ce/Ontario/OttawaYOW.html