[pmmail-list] Problems opening ATT consisting of more than one word

Andreas Kieser pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Fri, 29 Dec 2000 15:04:10 +0100 (CET)

Hi,

my apologies if this was posted before.

OS/2, PMMail/2, v2.10x: When I receive a mail with an attachment of a
general file/mime type like "text/plain" and the filename/title of that
attachment has more than one word (e. g. "Unnamed Attachment1.ATT")
there's a problem opening it. E.EXE is the default program to handle
this file type and it will pop-up, but truncate the name (with the
above example to "Unnamed") and therefore display nothing.

This is an old and known problem with many programs running on the
desktop. The standard solution is setting up the program with an entry
in the parameter-field enclosed in quotes (like: "%s").

I've tried to set up a kind of new mime type within PMMail, but failed.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Andreas Kieser